Thursday, November 08, 2007

rolling with the punches

last week, one of my bosses announced that she was leaving the company for a better position at another company. . . a major shock and just one more change during an already tumultuous time at my branch. i was happy for her. a strong, brilliant, and personable leader.

she has contributed a lot to the company and deserves to move on to bigger and better things, nevertheless, i am sad though to lose a mentor and role model. . .for all my complaints about work, the one thing i have never lacked is encouragement from my superiors, faith in my ability, and confidence in my future.

needless to say, attending her going-away happy hour at metro 53 was bittersweet. all i can do is hope for the best and see what the future unfolds.

No comments: