Sunday, May 18, 2008

breaking out the all clad

before leaving my last job, i made one final splurge. a 7 piece all clad copper core cookware set. it came out to a little more than half off. such an amazing deal that i know i'd kick myself if i let the opportunity pass.

so for the past four three and a half months, the box has been sitting in my apartment. in mint condition. untouched. part of me was debating if i should return it. and to be honest, part of me has felt like i don't deserve such a nice cookware set in this stage in my life.

but today, amidst spring cleaning- from the bathroom, to the oven, to loads of laundry- i decided to throw caution and reason to the wind. and just like that, my new dinner ware set was out of the box and resting on hooks in my kitchen.

it all seemed so right. and my home felt a little more. homey.

No comments: