Thursday, August 14, 2008

whirlwind

work has been especially busy of late and i'm hoping my immune system holds up (i fear i caught my sister's cold which was caught from my niece) and looking forward to a fun and relaxing weekend.

i suppose it's partly my own fault- i decided to take friday and monday off to enjoy a four day weekend. while i put in longer hours on thursday in preparation- it hasn't seemed to help. tuesday was full steam ahead and this week has had me clocking 10-12 hour days opposed to the usual 9-10.

on wednesday, i managed to sneak in dinner at kura sushi with celestial where aided by sake for me and plum wine for her- we vented about work issues, shared stories from the past week, and made plans for the coming weeks. a much needed outlet and entirely enjoyable.

it's funny- the boy observed that i almost never mention kura sushi. to me, it holds a special place in my life in new york. the sushi is cheap and good and the service is friendly. but more than that- it has become my regular once a week or every other week spot with my girlfriends. it's my go-to neighborhood spot where i can expect to have a yummy dinner, never wait for a table, and where it's unsurprising to run into one girlfriend when i'm out with another.

No comments: