Sunday, January 18, 2009

disconnecting => reconnecting

in need of cleaning up and maintenance, my lappy has been out of commission for the past week and change.

i felt somewhat lost without my main modes of staying connected- email, facebook, blogs and gchat. i missed the convenience of looking up movie times, restaurants, and directions instanteously. i missed my nightly gchats with the boy. i missed catching up with the day's news while eating dinner in front of the puter.

what i gained, was long stretches of time which i found to be incredibly productive and therapeutic. after an exhausting day of work, instead of whiling away the time and decompressing online i cleaned my apartment, wrote letters, went to the gym, cooked dinner, and read. i could be quiet and at peace. without the opportunity to catch up over email and chat, i found myself enjoying phone conversations and outings with friends.

now that my lappy is back in working order, i feel slightly apprehensive. i suppose only time will tell whether my routine will continue as before or if i will succeed in finding a new equilibrium.

No comments: