Wednesday, March 11, 2009

sorting through

the mood has been strange of late and i can't help but feel affected. the economic downturn has turned into a stressful environment at work. everyone is working at least twice as hard for fewer returns. to make matters worse, there is an undercurrent of fear- for getting laid off at worst and never getting promoted at best.

a colleague's boyfriend passed away this morning. . . i feel terribly for her and the sadness weighs on me.

at the same time, her loss reminds me of how extremely fortunate i am, leaving me with a sense of guilt. while my life is far from perfect- i have family, friends, a partner that are all in good health and who i love immensely and continue to enrich my life. and so i feel compelled to demonstrate my gratitude and appreciation to all of my loved ones and savor every shared moment and memory.

"once around" feels quite apropos and a poignant reminder to focus on what is really important in life.

No comments: