Tuesday, September 11, 2007

beware of what you wear

i was sporting one of my new favorite t-shirts, a gem i picked up in philly while visiting my bro, just yesterday. it reads "nerds have bigger hard drives". i took a leisurely walk through the union square farmer's market while killing time before meeting up with nels for coffee.

through the blasting of my headphones, i heard a random guy (RG) call out to me and felt a tap on my shoulder.

rg: excuse me, do you know where the granola stand is?

v: um, no sorry. . i don't really come here very much.

rg: well that's ok. i really didn't want to ask about the granola. it was just an excuse to talk to you. i like your shirt. you know i'm a nerd.

v: hmm ok. alright then. (while trying to edge away)

rg:my name is jonathan. and i'm a nerd. nerds have bigger hard drives. i have a big. .

v: alright jonathan. it's nice to meet you but i have a boyfriend already. . so . . umm.

rg: well that's not surprising. is he a nerd?

v: ok jonathan, have a nice day. bye!

i left in a hurry. i found the whole incident pretty amusing and give the poor boy credit for having the nerve to come up to a complete stranger. hmm, who knew a t-shirt would have such an effect?

1 comment:

LANYTransplant said...

That was just full on blantant!