Saturday, September 29, 2007

rough start

met up with the boy and some of his friends last night at union hall. stayed out a little too late and ended up closing the place down. got home around 5:30 AM and decided to not sleep and take the chance of oversleeping and missing my flight to gainesville. instead, i goofed off online for an hour then took a shower and got ready to go.

got to the airport and was at my gate with plenty of time to spare. fell asleep while waiting to board and luckily stirred to wake and noticed a line forming and asked the guy sitting next to me which flight was boarding. jacksonville. oops, almost missed that one. slept through th entirety of the flight and landed in florida ten till noon.

the kids were just as excited as i was to see them. we all went to lunch at the cheesecake factory then walked around the large outdoor mall for a couple hours. by 5, we were all beat and made our way back to gainesville. got to check out my sister's new home, a cute one story house. very comfy with a large family room, perfect for a small family.

the kids have grown so much and my nephew is turning out to be a rascal (but so freakin cute you can't stay angry at him when he's being bad). the two remind me of my brother and myself when we were little . . . either playing and making eachother laugh by saying "poop", " fart", "pee", or "booty" or fighting. spending time with them makes me realize how children- their laughter, noise, and chaos- can make a home warmer and complete.


No comments: