Tuesday, April 22, 2008

overload

the past couple days have been a blur of meetings- discussing new launches with our vendors, buying team meetings to discuss fall strategies and new business initiatives, marketing and advertising, and preparation for my group presentation in a couple weeks. i find myself bombarded with so much information and frequent schedule changes that i have been struggling to keep track of everything and increasingly relying on my planner.

this has managing to spill over into my personal life- where i’m finding myself double booked or simply confusing dates.

ring ring.

V: hey VK.

VK: hey, what’s up?

V: oh nothing. i am just trying to make plans with my group to meet next week. when did we say that we were going to the tailor?

VK: we didn’t. we just said at the beginning of this week.

V: oh really? whew! what a relief. i could have sworn we said tuesday but i couldn’t remember. . . .ok. . so would wednesday work for you?

VK: in a reassuring voice aw, that’s ok. . if i don’t write it down, i forget too. (translation: that's sad, V's losing it. . . poor thing) sure let’s go on wednesday.

No comments: