Wednesday, March 15, 2006

stalker #2

had been chatting with this guy i met through myspace for a few weeks. .. i know i know. . the whole concept seems kind of weird to me too, but i was trying to be open-minded and i have friends for which it has worked out. . and hey, i'm always happy to make new friends.

from the get go he was eager to meet up but with my busy schedule and reluctance to actually meet, it didn't really pan out. . then we made plans to meet up for lunch last weekend. that's when things started getting a little weird. he had told me about his little pantyhose fetish (btw, note to guys, do not start getting into your sexual fantasies unless you are sure that the girl you are talking to is open to that. it just struck me as odd and overly aggressive). then he started pleading with me to wear them at our first meeting. i was trying to play it cool and told him not to expect anything. . when he kept on pushing, i got annoyed and told him that i don't like being told what to wear. sensing that, he backed off and apologized profusely. so we were still set to meet on saturday. we exchanged numbers in case anything came up but still never talked on the phone.

out with my girls friday night and i realized that something was just off with the myspace guy and i didn't feel comfortable with the situation. so saturday i sent him a text to say i didn't think we should meet up. he tried calling but i didn't pick up. then he texted me several times. telling me i'd enjoy talking to him in person. asking if we could still meet up for lunch. asking if he could call me. i told him that i would call him when i was ready to talk. and basically have been ignoring him online since.

last night he sent me a message saying how messed up it was that i blew him off on saturday. i explained that i had thought about it and didn't think it would work out between us. when he kept on pushing, i said i thought it would be better if he didn't contact me again.

then he told me that i shouldn't have given him my number then and suggested i change it. and promptly logged off.

hmmm. . stalker material much? i'm kind of freaked out. . .i think that is the beginning and end of my attempts to meet cool people through myspace.

2 comments:

Rockenheimer said...

That's a bummer babe. Hey you don't happen to like leather much, do you?

Right - kidding. No really, I met my wife online. Mind you it was an ad that I put up in Yahoo Classifieds. I'm kind of a compulsive writer (Noooo - really Steph?) and I was looking for that in someone who could tough out back & forth chatting with me longer than say, one session. Anyway, lo and behold, eight Earth hours after having posted the ad, I get three replies. Who needs Craigslist, right? I'm still in touch with all three, and I married the one. In my case it turned out pretty good.

Oh and I think I told you too, about my friend bass-player Salt Of The Universe guy who couldn't find a date on Yahoo Personals to save his life? (Things eventually worked out for him, no thanks to Yahoo).

I guess my point is not every male that posts something is an automatic maniac. Do keep your feelers up; if the guy right out of the gate starts talking about cellophane thongs: that spells maniac. (Hint: DON'T follow through with a first meeting!) If he seems "normal" (as in refrains from drooling, doesn't stare at your assets, doesn't appear to eat his boogers and seems to like his mom) then it's probably safe to TAKE his phone number and call HIM. That way you still hold all the cards. At the end of the year, you wind up changing your phone number a lot less.

Good luck!

Rockenheimer said...

Geez girl, did you fall off the face of the Earth or did Stalker #2 actually catch up to you?

Give us a sign of life!