Monday, March 27, 2006

weekend highlights

went back home to visit the family- help my brother with his wedding planning, meeting up with friends, playing with the tykes.

thursday-

got to leave work early to make my 6pm flight home. . flight was delayed for 2 hours so i didn't get back to my parents' house unil 11pm

friday-

call from stalker #1. the message goes something like this (you better believe i wasn't going to pick up that call!)

hey V it's stalker . . i know it's been awhile. just thought i'd give you a call and see how life is treating you. see if you want to hang out i guess. i know i might have seemed a little, um rash, the last time we hung out. but i do like you. and i am hoping that you give me a call to hang out and we can do something chill. if you want to hang out give me a call. my number is 555-555-5555. love to hear how you are doin gwell and everything. let me know. talk to you soon.

um, WTF. . a little "rash". i don't think so buddy. let's get together so you can freak out on me again or kidnap me!!

saturday-

had some one-on-one time with momma V. got to hear about how i need to settle down and get married because women age quickly and i won't be able to find anyone that would want to marry me. blah blah blah. and the only purpose of life is to be married and have kids. blah blah blah.

so i'm 26 and i should already be getting desperate to get married? because i really know so many couples that have happy marriages? and may i remind you, i just got out of a 6 year relationship in september?!!!

sunday-

ran into an old friend while getting brunch with the family. hadn't seen her in years and had been wondering what she had been up to. exchanged contact info and hopefully will meet up in nyc in april.

1 comment:

LANYTransplant said...

ha, ha! of course a woman's only purpose in life is to get married! duh!