Saturday, April 29, 2006

back in the nn

am beat. just rolled back to my folks house in nn with Q2 and her boy. my parents picked us up at RIC and we went to mekong restaurant- their current favorite restaurant.

excellent vietnamese food.

to start- we each had bi cuon- shredded pork wrapped with rice paper, goi cuon- shrimp & pork wrapped with rice paper, banh xeo - vietnamese crepe, and an incredible vietnamese salad with lotus root, shrimp, pork, and other delicious things that i couldn't place. as main dishes, my mom ordered canh chua- a tamarind based sour soup with lots of veggies and seafood, stewed fish in a clay pot, and beef stir fried with lemon grass.

after disappointing ventures to ny vietnamese restaurants, it was nice to have an authentic vietnamese meal. the bi cuon and stewed fish tasted just like my mom's.

despite drinking a very strong vietnamese ice coffee, sleep deficiency and my full belly are lulling me to bed. must rest up for tomorrow- a trek through w&m, visiting old college hangouts, and a bbq/college reunion/wedding celebration in richmond.

No comments: