Wednesday, April 12, 2006

taking out the trash

Damn passive aggressive men. My company has a great IT guy, pmonkey. We were rescheduled to move on Tuesday, April 11th. Unfortunately, pmonkey would be out of town and insisted that we should wait a day so that he could do the move for us. B didn’t want to postpone the move any later than we’d have to. Unwillingly, pmonkey offered to have his partner come in and do the move for us as an alternative. B decided to go with that option and pmonkey did not look happy.

Everything was set to go. I triple confirmed all the vendors and tech peeps assisting with the move. Tuesday morning, pmonkey’s stand in called to cancel, saying that he was tied up with something else and wouldn’t be able to make it. Needless to say, we were not happy and B had some choice words for the guy. Fortunately for us, our phone guy was able to help us out and spent the entire day getting our phones and DSL up and running. Catastrophe averted.

This morning I got a call from pmonkey and what followed was a highly frustrating conversation:

Pmonkey: I heard about what happened.

Translation: I told you so

V: We need you to help us get our printers and the other computers connected to the network.

Pmonkey: The earliest I can come in is on Friday.

Translation: If you aren’t going to have me do your work in the first place, then I’m not going to go out of my way to accommodate you.

V: Well, it was your partner that bailed on us so one of you should be doing something to help us get out of this mess.

Pmonkey: Well if I cancel on one of my other clients, that is no different from what my partner did to you.

Translation: I told you so.

V: There is absolutely no way you can come earlier?

Pmonkey: I gave B many many opportunities to wait one day and have me do it.

Translaltion: I told you so. That’s what you bitches get.

V: We were paying double rent and couldn’t delay moving.

Pmonkey: I understand that. But I can’t help you.

Now, I really hate how he’s being so passive aggressive. He doesn’t have the balls to say this shit to B but keeps on throwing it at me. I don’t want to deal with this so we start looking for a new tech guy that can help ASAP. I get another call.

Pmonkey: So I found some friends that can come and fix things up tonight.

V: That’s okay, we got it covered.

Pmonkey: So does that mean you don’t need anyone.

V: Yup. We found someone that can come tonight.

Pmonkey: Is that just for this job? Or are you replacing me.

V: You’ll have to speak to B about that.

Pmonkey: okay.

Click.

B calls me later and asks if I spoke with Paul. She says that he can get someone to cover for him tonight. I told her about our conversation. She was surprised that he hadn’t mentioned being replaced to her. Say it with me: passive aggressive. Boys better watch out. I may be nice and polite but that doesn't mean I am a pushover.

1 comment:

Rockenheimer said...

What YOU need girlfriend, are aggressive AGGRESSIVE men! Fortunately though, they're not the marrying type. No, the marrying type are the wallflower-passive-limpoid-Kleenex-rag-doormat type - like me. No use being jealous - I'm taken.

(It's great today: everybody I read from has updated! Something in the water...)