Tuesday, August 22, 2006

reality check

nothing like coming back to the daily routine after a fabulous vacation to jolt your system.

as i sat in my nice office space on monday morning and busied myself with my usual tasks, the monotony of it all began to sink in. . .

don't waste your time.

what are you doing at this job?

is this what you want to do with your ife?

in short no. i have no pretenses. this job is a means to an end. . something stable to keep me afloat while i pursue my dreams and build up some experience and capital to take the plunge.. the reminder was swift kick in the arse that i needed. . i think i've gotten comfortable and a little lazy. that's also dangerous b/c my responsibilites have increased as the company is restructuring (read: lost an employee and hiring a new one) which has taken away some of the flexibility previously afforded to me.

my dad has taught me so much about being an entrepreneur. he and my mom managed to scrape together a sizeable amount of start up money on very low salaries meanwhile raising three hellions.

jpan's wedding is rapidly approaching so i'll be busy til end of sept preparing. . . after that, no excuses. my only consolation is knowing my dad was in his early 30s before he started his first business. . .

No comments: