Wednesday, August 02, 2006

bye bye fridays

lots of changes with work. debs is leaving the company and DJ is coming on full time... that means that my role will be expanding and i'll be facing increased responsibilities. . .which entails increased hours and saying good-bye to my fridays off. it's too bad, i had a great thing going with my 3 days off a week. . but in retrospect, i wasn't being very efficient with my extra day off. just took longer to go to the gym, run errands, relax. . not going to work on side-gigs like it was meant to.

the positives is that i'm getting more experience, there's the potential for more event planning gigs at and through my current company, and with increased duties there should be increased compensation. all good stuff.

i'll just have to be better at managing my time. . . the problem i always have is overcommitting (e.g. not being able to say no) and being too ambitious with the time i do have. . between work, the boy, friends, family, side gigs, and exercising i barely manage to catch my breath. . .of course, the first thing to go is sleep.. . thank heavens for redline.

No comments: