Wednesday, September 27, 2006

eagle has landed

being the superstitious cat that i am, i held off mentioning my own interviews of late. . . i had 4 rounds of interviews for a position as bridal manager. i'll be in charge of the bridal registry, manage two sales associates, be responsible for driving/increasing sales volume, planning monthly events, familiarizing myself with high-end home furnishing products & other registry items, work with brides, etc. . . essentially, the job is a great transition into the work i want to get in and is with a large corporation with the potential for upward mobility and relocating to other branches if desired.

i got an informal offer on monday night and the formal offer yesterday, which i readily accepted.

the new job starts mid-october which gives me time to go home and visit the family in badnews.

i have been blessed with great timing and "coincidences" this past month. firstly, i learned of this job through a formal co-worker at the florist i used to work at. she was offered two positions and was not interested in the bridal manager position so recommended me. that happened right as my desire to leave my current job was peaking. three weeks and four interviews later, i have a job that i'm ecstatic about and is heading me in the direction i want.

also recently, my lease went up and my current roommate and i decided not to live together going forward. i've been debating what to do- feeling as though i'm throwing money away with rentals. so after consideration, i've decided to look for an apartment to buy. i spoke with one of my old friends and it turns out his ex-girlfriend is a real-estate agent!! looks like i'll also be devoting my two weeks "off" apartment hunting!!

No comments: