Friday, September 29, 2006

eye of the storm

the past few nights have been rough as i've been preparing last minute decorations. ran into some difficulties.

wednesday my goal was to finish the reception decorations- place cards and framed photos of the bride and groom. thursday was to finish the church decorations and print out the wedding handbooks.

problem 1. i had purchased a printer and proceeded to set it up only to find that the cable connecting it to my laptop was not included with the printer. so i had to come into work early yesterday morning to print out the placecards for the bride and groom to take to the botanical gardens. luckily, kev was able to lend me a spare which the boy so kindly went to pick up, so i was able to do last night's printing at my apartment.

problem 2. i ordered the photos through kodak to have it delivered to a nearby cvs by wed. went to the store on wed (after receiving an email confirmation saying it was there). somehow they managed to mess up the delivery so my photos are nowhere to be found. plan b was to print them out on my laptop but b/c of technical difficulty Q2 was not able to send them to me. (plus problem 1, my printer wasn't working yet). in the end, Q2 printed them out and i'll work up these table displays tonight.

. .to top it off, i managed to catch a cold which has left me with a (not yet red) runny nose and headache.

i don't know what happened, but somehow this morning a strong sense of calm came over me- just a sense that it's all coming together and while i'll stress over the little details today, come tomorrow, i'll have a big smile on my face ready for showtime!

No comments: