Tuesday, January 16, 2007

new years resolutions

so last year (please let's not even review that), i had a long long list of new years resolutions. . of which i may have met one or two of!

there's two philosophies i could have about this.

-if you reach for the stars, if you fall you'll still land on the moon (thanks cuz)

-keep it simple and achievable. e.g. drink more water (thanks cassanova)

well, i'm going for the middle ground this year.

so here they are:

1. stop commuting.
it's crazy to live in NYC and have a car unless you are fabulously rich. i miss my daily subway rides, stopping at the bodega to pick up snacks and energy drinks, meeting up with my girlfriends at a moment's notice for happy hour. i hate alternate side parking, parking tickets, etc.

2. settle into my new apartment.
for reasons which i may go into at a later point, i am still without my own place. i wistfully look at pictures of my new pad like i would a long lost lover. i am aching to move, to decorate and make it my home, to cook in my own kitchen, to throw dinner parties, to watch dvd's or just read trashy magazines in comfort.

3. to embrace singlehood.
that doesn't mean a swinging, crazy life ala sex in the city. . .rather, it means to focus on building my own life, furthering my career, and pursuing my interests instead of dating and romantic involvements.

No comments: