Monday, April 16, 2007

balancing act

the downside to my new job is that i only have two weeks of vacation a year. initially i expected to go visit my big sis in her new home in FL in july and go for a long weekend to NN. i thought this would give me another week to work with to take a real vacation (i.e. out of the country) in september.

somehow, my vacation requests came back as a week off in july and a week off in august. while i love my family dearly, i was bummed by the fact that i might not get to go traveling this year. for those that know me, i am perpetually fighting wanderlust and start feeling antsy if i'm in any place too long. next on my list has been latin america (peru & argentina) and of course vietnam. the latter somehow always gets pushed back- mostly because i would love to spend an extended amount of time there.

in any case, i had hoped to go to latin america last year with eddie and Q2 but it never worked out with the timing. a new opportunity seemed to arise.

vern called me over the weekend to see if i would be able to help her drive down to FL in june. i spoke with my manager and was able to clear a 4 day weekend to go help my sister out. that left july free free free to go wherever i wanted but still have a week to chill with the folks in NN in august!

cross your fingers- looks like it just might work out! eddie should be back in lima for work and i can meet up with him there. . . machu picchu here i come!!!

No comments: