Friday, April 20, 2007

breaking up the monotony

my commute to work has become the bane of my existence . . . or at least, the most annoying part of my day. i get frustrated with traffic, bad drivers, the monotony of it all.

taz recommended downloading "this american life", a podcast produced by NPR that gives first person accounts and short fiction pieces. . . it's quite entertaining. and so i rediscovered podcasts!

living in LA and VA, i used to keep up with my news via NPR. these days, i'm always behind on current events, and just catch snippets here and there online.

this american life. check.
talk of the nation. check.
wait wait. .. don't tell me. check.
learn spanish with coffee break spanish. check.

my car ride yesterday was the most enjoyable, entertaining, and engaging drive i've had. it flew by and i felt like my time was being used productively! (learning spanish has been on my to do list, and up'd the anty with my upcoming trip)

No comments: