Sunday, May 20, 2007

making a commitment

when it rain it pours. my big bro and co-worker, D, have unloaded some new music on me.

amy winehouse.
desaperecidos.
feist's new album.
el-p.

to name a few. sometimes, i'll love a new band/album instantly. many others, including some of my absolute favorites, requires more of a commitment and an investment of time where i need to listen to the album several times before i develop a true appreciation for it. unfortunately, if i don't do this immediately, the new (for me) albums will be forgotten and sit in my itunes library collecting dust.

not to disappoint feist fans, the new album is a richer, deeper version of her first album- trademark ballads that are at once beautiful, lyrical, and soulful.

desaperecidos, much like bright eyes, i know will require some listenings to. . but has potential.

No comments: