Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A long way down


accompanied my sis & her family on her drive from VA to Gainesville, FL. the trip was a bit bittersweet- as i'm happy that my sister's husband is furthering his career and they get to try living in a new place, but i'm sad for myself that i won't get to see my nephew and niece as frequently.

nonetheless, the first roadtrip for the girls- vern, tj, and i was wonderful and i haven't spent so much quality time with my sis in a very long while. since vern gets carsick if anyone else is driving, i got to be passenger and babysitter for the duration of the drive. though i must say that my niece is very good at long road trips. set her up with her portable dvd player, gave her some candy and snacks, and she was all set.

so what did i learn about the south on my road trip?

1. southerners really are super duper friendly

2. fireworks, guns, and babydolls are all popular items to purchase along the highway. (in fact, you can get your guns and jewelry all in one convenient location in gainesville)

3. you are never more than a stone's throw away from a crackerbarrel

4. a suburb in VA feels like a suburb in NC feels like a suburb in SC feels like a suburb in GA feels like a suburb in FL

5. FL has some damn good bbq

No comments: