Wednesday, October 24, 2007

coming to terms with coming of age



as theng predicted, tonight ended up being quite rainy. q2 was busy with work and neither theng or i were motivated to hang out. it ended up being the perfect night to stay in and put some semblance of order back into my tiny abode. before heading home, i decided to stop by a couple of stores in a last ditch attempt to find shoes to go with my party dress for saturday night. the dress is gorgeous, silvery gray that is remiscent of a flapper dress with the intricate beading and tiered layers at the bottom. i had almost bought a pair of mustard pumps in gainesville but they only had the floor sample which wasn't in the best shape. . .so lo and behold, i was very pleased to find these beauts at aldo!!!!


with treasure in hand, i made my way back home and made some tuna melt pitas for a quick dinner. after chatting with the boy online, sweeping, mopping, and tidying up the apartment, i headed to the gym for some cardio action. i got on my currently preferred cardio machine and plugged in my headphones. fabulous! gossip girl was playing. i started to program in my settings.

workout profile: 5
workout goal: time
workout time: 60 minutes
age: 2-7

and it dawned on me. . . starting tomorrow, i could never (honestly) put in 27 as my age. . . i have definately reached the late 20's early 30's bracket and there's no going back! all that being said. . . the late-mid 20s have been amazing and i would never want to be 18, 21, or even 25 again. . .26 and 27 have been all about growing into my own skin and as cheesy as it sounds, finding myself and the journey has been good. so cheers to 28 and let the adventures continue!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday V.

Rockenheimer

v said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!!! the outpouring from friends and family have really made me feel special and loved :)