Thursday, June 26, 2008

the rage within

i hate the fact that when i get angry- my physical reaction is to cry. the angrier i get the more tears well up in my eyes. i can't help it and i find it utterly frustrating because the last thing i want to do is give off the impression that someone has hurt my feelings or that i'm weak. so then i get angry (now at myself) which only exacerbates the situation. and the fact that this is a common trait shared among my female friends, colleagues, etc provides me little comfort.

for the first time in a long time, someone pissed me off enough to make me (almost) cry. i calmed myself down before any tears were actually shed. the annoying thing is i have to turn around and deal with this a-hole tomorrow and will have to figure out a way to maintain some type of working relationship with the guy.

thinking about it, even hours later, still makes my blood boil. so let me put it out of my mind for the time being. but if anyone has a solution for dealing with the whole tears of rage thing- i'm all ears.

2 comments:

wanderlust7 said...

I usually try to take a very deep breath and then release all the anger in that breath. if that doesn't help, i try to vent soon after as much as possible. sorry you had to deal with such a horrible person...

v said...

eh-it's all part of the job- always gonna be some a-holes. in any case, at least it has been resolved enough so that he's cooperating and i can get my job done. thanks for your concern:)