Wednesday, July 09, 2008

running on empty

the past week and a half have seen a flurry of activity that has left me a bit drained.

on friday, the boy and i headed out to philly to celebrate my bro's birthday. we had a relaxing 4th of july, take out wings and pizza and a few dvd's. saturday involved an eye exam, cheesesteak excursion, trip to a chinatown grocery store, and bbq/bday party prep. there was plenty of good eats, drinks, and music (btw, kudos to the boy for egging me on to experience beer pong for the first time in my life)!

we woke up around 11 sunday morning and lazed around a bit. big bro made us a yummy breakfast of sausage, bacon, eggs, and toast before giving us a lift to the chinatown bus. we made our way back to nyc, stopping to get boba tea before heading back uptown to nap. for dinner, the boy and i met up with taz for 3 recession meals at gray's papaya (two hot dogs with toppings and a drink for less than $4 each). the 100% beef hot dogs were quite good and the snap from the casing gave way to the juicy center. the drink was good but a bit too sweet and smoothy like for my tastes.

after polishing off dinner, we headed to park slope for drinks and bocce. whether the hotdogs were not filling enough or we managed to work up an appetite, the next stop was schillers in the LES for a late night snack. the nachos were delicious as usual.

always the busiest day of the work week, this monday's dreadfulness was compounded by the extra reports and analysis necessitated by the end of the fiscal month and insufficient sleep. i managed to hold out until 6pm and headed downtown to meet taz, his new lady friend S, and VK for dinner at mercadito grill. to my delight, the fish tacos were excellent and better than the previous visit. i tried to stay focused during dinner, but ended up excusing myself around 9pm to head home for a quick workout and good night's rest.

tuesday was feeling back to my normal. the work week has been flying by as i'm trying to cram a week and a half of work into one in preparation for my upcoming trip to florida. had a nice dinner with taz at totoya where we deconstructed my behavioral patterns and various other topics. after dinner, we enjoyed ice cream from sedutto near my apartment.

a sudden change of plans with jpan and xiaopang have resulted in the cancellation of friday's dinner party which left me unexpectedly free tonight and tomorrow night. celestial and i decided to meet up for dinner at kura sushi where we were joined by Q2. the night ended later than expected and i find myself feeling weary from all the week's activity. . . . i think i need a vacation before my vacation!

No comments: