Wednesday, August 31, 2005

crashing with a friend

right now i'm staying with a good friend. . while i love being at home, playing with my a-dorable niece and nephew, running errands with my sister, and keeping my mom company. . .i was starting to go a little awol.

my friend has a good way of putting it, basically when you are at home, you are on family duty 24/7. it's nice to just be responsible to myself. maybe that's a bit selfish. but i think i need it.

in any case, there have been some new developments to the hampton roads scene. a few centers with non-chain restaurants, cute coffeeshops, nice stores, etc. . i guess families with more money are moving in and there seems to be an economic shift towards more high end tastes. while i can't see myself ever moving back to newport news, i'm excited about the changes and the opportunties they will bring for my brother and sister who live near my parents.

No comments: