Saturday, August 27, 2005

new beginnings

fate has a funny way of throwing you curve balls. . .i left los angeles in june as an affianced woman, planning on getting a lot of research done on my dissertation in china. and i will return to los angeles as a single woman (for the first time in five years), with a lust for life, eager to rediscover myself, and excited to find and pursue my passion.

i think somewhere in the early part of my twenties, i began to lose myself in a relationship. i suppose that is easy to do, perhaps especially as an asian woman- often eager to please and give into another person's preferences. what i had not realized, is that i was no longer pursuing a career or life that i was interested in. . more importantly, i had forgotten just what that was. in general, i try not to regret anything in life and believe that everything happens for a reason. during the past five years with my ex, i have learned a lot about myself, about relationships, and about life. we had a lot of great moments. and i will treasure those and try to learn from my mistakes.

i have decided to take a year off of graduate school. . . and figure out what i want out of a career and decide what steps are necessary to get there.

while i have grown to love life in LA, i am not sure how long i will stay here. . i think the east coast is beckoning me, and i have always dreamed of living in manhattan. . .but i think i'll just play things by ear, see how life unfolds, and share my stories with you.

i suppose that the new blog is somewhat symbolic. . a fresh start. . .once things settle down and i have time, i will upload all the posts from the previous blog here. until then, be patient while i get this blog up and running.

No comments: