Sunday, January 29, 2006

Year of the Dog

Spent Saturday morning cleaning the apartment- swept and mopped the floors, cleaned the bathroom, tidied things up. Went for a nice run- the weather has been gorgeous this weekend. Then headed to Chinatown with Q2 and her boy to check out the flower market. I had been looking forward to it all week! There was a tented area set up in a park and a long line to get inside. Following the Chinese way, we cut in line and were in pretty quickly.

There were a lot of different tables set up and people milling around buying pussy willow, ginger, carnations, gladiolas, and curly bamboo. That was the extent of the selection. . .it was kind of a let down. . .oh wait, there were lots of bad silk flowers too. . maybe I've just become a snob about flowers. I had hoped to buy some flowers for the apartment. . but guess it'll have to wait til this week.

Called home this morning to wish my family Chuc Mung Nam Moi! (Happy New Year) and wishes for good health, long life, etc. Turns out the clan took a trip up to NOVA to be with my mom's side of the family. In return, my pops, mom, aunt, and uncle all wished for me to get whatever it is that my heart desires. It was all very sweet and now I'm feeling a tad homesick.

No comments: