Thursday, February 23, 2006

celeb spotting and more

goin to break the usual routine to describe my first celeb spotting since movin to nyc.

was standing in line to return some jeans at the levi's store on broadway and spring when i noticed a beautiful, petite young woman talking with the salespeople. she looked a bit timid and shy meanwhile exuding the whole "is anyone looking at me" vibe which made me think it was a celeb. after a couple seconds of staring i realized it was winona ryder - yes- there was even eye contact! sans make up, she is even more gorgeous in person than in the movies. no diva either- the salespeople were raving about how nice and sweet she was. she's one of my favorite actresses so it was a very cool spotting.

in any case, i returned to my mission of finding a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of black jeans. the ones i had ordered online were not the right size. i loaded up on different styles and sizes to figure out what size fits best. i asked a salesperson for help and she directed me to the back of the store where the fitting rooms were. they had a huge contraption- the intellifit- that scans your body and tells you what sizes fit you at their store.

http://www.intellifit.com/Intellifit/Home.aspx

don't know if i find the results credible though. . according to the machine, i was a zero in all the different styles. my first reaction was- wow, that's nice. . . until i realized it is probably vanity sizing and i was sad that levi's has resorted to using that tactic. . i mean, gap/BR/j crew- sure. . but levi's??

1 comment:

Rockenheimer said...

It IS vanity sizing: by the reckoning of that contraption, I'M a zero, and I have a 62" size beer gut, a balding head, I chomp on cigars, have B.O., wear wife beaters stained with spaghetti sauce, I beat my wife, wear fishnet stockings, and all manners of other items I could list, which have not a thing to do with my waist size.

I swear - every word is true.