Monday, June 26, 2006

matchmaker matty

called home on sunday to chat with the fam. big sis answered the phone and i hear my brother in law pick up briefly and whisper excitedly, don't forget to tell her about chris.

turns out my brother-in-law is getting into the family spirit and joining my mom's efforts to set me up! chris is a 24 year old, midwestern boy doing an opthomology internship at the same hospital as my brother in law. . my sister chimes in that he's smart, attractive, and very metrosexual. the only downside she claims is that he's moving to michigan in a year and she knows i wouldn't move there.

i gently told her i'm not interested in dating anyone younger than me or starting a long-distance thing.

the sad thing is i can see where the next few years are heading. . right now i'm 26 and still "have my looks" (but not for long, my mom reminds me) and they are already trying to set me up with incompatible guys. . .i can only imagine what type of guy they'll set me up with in 3 or 4 years!

No comments: