Wednesday, June 07, 2006

office drama

on a typical day, i would say that i like my job. i get along with my boss and co-workers. we all do our work, keep to ourselves, and occasionally stop by each others desks to chat, joke around, or gossip about waterboy. one of the things i like most about the job is that the environment is pleasant. there is little bureucracy, no one really cares about titles, and we work as a team.

lately, the balance has been off. on top of the normal workload, we've been busy with a new project. . . a blessing for me, an opportunity to work and build up my event planning skills. we've hired some additional help as consultants to make the project happen. tensions and stress level are high, we are on a tight budget and even tighter schedule. . . needless to say, tempers are on the rise.

my general policy is to stay out of conflict and drama as much as possible. nevertheless, . i've found myself in the odd position of having to set the record straight on a he said she said dispute that is getting uglier and uglier. . . it's really affecting productivity and all this melodrama is just sucking up precious time. . .but the show must go on. . .

No comments: