Wednesday, February 14, 2007

greek goddess

decided to pop into benjamin moore after my workout to look for supplies for my little apartment craft projects. i actually love hardware stores and was content to wander the aisles (maybe i just love shopping?) but seconds later an employee in a bright orange jacket (BOJ) asked me what i was looking for.

V: glue sticks

BOJ: what for

V: for a hot glue gun

BOJ: right here

V: great! perfect!

BOJ: what do you need them for?

V: for a craft project at home.

BOJ: goin to the gym?

V: just got back

BOJ: why didn't you tell me, i woudla gone with you? i look blankly at him and laugh awkwardly. need anything else?

V: craft paint

BOJ: i'll show you. leads me to the paint area. what's your name?

V: V

BOJ: that's my grandmother's name!!! it's greek for *******. V is the goddess of fertility.

V: ha ha. great, thanks for all your help.

BOJ wanders away. In the background I hear. . .

BOJ: V is my grandmother's name. I'm going to marry that girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. ummmm.... next time a skeezy man in prison-colored clothing hits on you, i would suggest that you not introduce the phrase "hot glue gun" into the conversation. (just a tip). ~AH

Anonymous said...

Congratulations V! Aw man, I know you two are going to be so happy together! See how easy that was? What are you going to call your first child?

Rockenhoser