Saturday, May 27, 2006

dining with clients

returning home from the gym, i was greeted with an email from bigB. she had forgotten to tell me about an assignment and needed me to take care of it this week. . .note: this email was send at 4:33 AM on friday morning, my day off. being the busy bee that i am, i called the temp and worked with her via phone to get the project taken care of. around noon, debs calls and pleads with me to go to dinner with clients. . .sigh, and the grad student mentality that hasn't completely been forsaken in me was won over by her last point "free dinner".

so i got dressed in my business attire, stopped at the apple store to fix my ipod, then headed to the the westside. dinner reservations were at churascarria plataforma, an upscale brazilian all you can eat steakhouse. the evening consisted of the CEO and CFO forcing us to drink lots of wine, ganbei ganbei, eating a delicious meal with top quality meats, and trying to keep up with the conversation that was 70% chinese 30% english. i really need to work on my chinese. having I's and debs company made the dinner quite pleasant, and the CEO and CFO were quite affable.

after dinner, I, debs, and i headed to union square and helped I find a dress for a wedding she was attending. around 9:30 i went to cafe spice to meet up with pintobean for drinks as it was her last night in nyc. . tear to see her go.

No comments: