Tuesday, May 16, 2006

oversleeping

i overslept again. sunday night i didn't fall asleep until after 11 and that threw a wrench in getting up at 5:45 AM to get to the gym by 6:15, back home by 7:30 and on my way to work by 8:20. . . hmm. . oddly this sounds close to my undergrad morning routine!!!

instead, i woke up monday morning at 7AM, ate breakfast, showered and got to work early to get a head start. i rushed home after work to eat quick dinner before heading to the gym around 8pm. i finished up around 10pm. so the downside to exercising at night is that while i'm physically tired my mind is wide awake and i couldn't fall asleep until after 11 PM, thus leading to a cycle of "oversleeping".

missed my workout this morning and feeling bummed about that. . . i have dinner plans with debs, canton girl, and Q2 so unless i flake completely or leave directly after dinner, i won't be able to fit in a workout today.

i've always preferred morning workouts immediately after waking up so i'm not hungry yet, i get a good start to the day and am less likely to skip my workouts, the gym is less crowded, and i have my nights free to hang out with my friends/do work/relax, etc.

regardless, i just need to settle into a routine so i can be consistent about it.

No comments: