Sunday, May 14, 2006

getting my ass kicked

my gym includes a free workout session with a personal trainer. so wednesday morning i asked the guy at the front desk how to sign up for that. turns out that big P, is one of the gym's personal trainers and so we scheduled a workout for friday at 2pm.

he asked me what i wanted to work on so he could tailor the workout. um. . everything? i told him lower body fat, tone my arms and abs, & make my butt more shapely (fyi, 99.9% of asian girls have flat asses). i have an aversion to working out with weights. put me on a treadmill, stair master, bike, elliptical machine, etc with a good playlist or movie and i'm happy as a clam. put me in a weight room and i'm just at a loss at what to do.

so needless to say, my workout friday afternoon kicked my ass, in the best sense. it was a full body workout and two days later i'm still sore all over! i learned how to do lunges, squats, all sorts of weight machines. . .

i definately want to incorporate weights into my workout regimen. . .let's just see how long i can keep it up!

No comments: