Saturday, December 30, 2006

the art of flattery

my brilliant niece (age 4) and nephew (age 2) have already learned an important life lesson, that in almost any instance, can win over a woman's heart.

my sister was about to lose it- tired, cranky, and had it up to here with the kids. sensing that their momma was about to lose her lid, the kids cranked up the charm.

my nephew decides to cheer up vern with song.

nephew: jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle all the mommeeeeeee. aww fun to ride with mommeeeee.

my sister's steam begins to cool.

my niece then turns up the charm.

niece: mom you are so beautiful mom you are not fat at all!!

how do they know??? needless to say, it worked like a charm. my sister's anger melted into laugther. besides, it's hard to stay annoyed at two such adorable munchkins.

No comments: