Monday, December 04, 2006

stroke of luck

thought i should clarify my living situation on my blog for my friends that i talk to less regularly(v. good point ahamoud).

i had been expecting to move to the UES dec 1st so i notified my landlord that i would be moving out at the end of november. at the end of october, i found out that the new apartment would not be ready for move in until the end of december. unfortunately my landlord had found a new tenant.

via my landlord's real estate broker, i worked a deal with the new tenant and i would sublet my old room and use it as storage for the month of december. then i found a sublet for 3 weeks in december until i could move to the new place.

come dec 1, i finally talked to the new tenant directly and it turns out that he would be out of town for business dec 2nd-15 and he generously told me to take my time moving out. so essentially, i'm squatting at my old apartment until the 14th after which i will bounce around with friends for a couple weeks.

No comments: