Thursday, December 14, 2006

the kindness of strangers

paycheck has been burning a hole in my pocketbook for the past week. finally got up early enough to go to the bank before work to make my deposit and get some cash.

got to the bank before its opening at 7:45 AM and used my debit card to get into the atm area. went to make a deposit and realized i had forgotten to bring a pen. luckily there was another customer at the neighboring atm machine and lent me his. made my deposit. got my cash. got my receipt and left the bank, in a rush to get to work in time.

just as the door closed behind me when i realized that i had forgotten my atm card. luckily the pen-loaner saw my predicament and let me into bank. unfortunately, it was too late. the machine took the card back because the wait was too long.

i called the number on the screen as i got into my car and drove to the associate parking lot. found out that i had 24 hours to retrieve my card from the bank before it was deactivated. what a start to the day. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Virginia! Either you've been neglecting your inbox over at hotmail or I'm barred from sending you .mp3 attachments at that address. "140.329.177.118 doesn't like sender". What'd I do now, Mailer-Daemon?

Rockendoofus