Wednesday, August 22, 2007

high school reunion

my 10 year high school reunion was smack in the middle of my last holiday.

as senior class president (and just because i love planning things) i had taken it upon myself to take the lead with planning the reunion. three fun but simple events- happy hour friday night, saturday picnic at the park across from my high school geared towards families, and the finale was a dinner/cocktail party at a nice japanese restaurant. everything went smoothly and i was quite happy with the actual turnout for most of the events. we also didn't go over budget which was a major stress for me.

it was surreal seeing old friends & classmates after so long. . . a handful still looked the same and have held up great over the years. . a handful i had to do a doubletake because i didn't recognize them. many are married with children. many are still living in the hampton roads area though a good number are in NOVA/DC, and some are abroad serving in the military.

it's funny how these milestones make you stop and reflect on your life. over the past few years, my priorities have shifted and my sense of self has developed tremendously. in a way, i think i've changed more in my mid/late twenties than ever before. . . i guess it's called growing up, and hopefully older and wiser. . .

No comments: