Friday, August 31, 2007

now. . that's GOOD customer service

i decided to go for a run this morning to clear my head and get pumped up with endorphins. running along to pencilgrass, pjpj, and modest mouse did much to lift my spirits. i decided to cool down by walking around the nabe and remembered i had run out of eggs.

i stopped by dags and picked up a dozen eggs- quickly checkin for any damage before making a selection. while i was waiting in line, the manager came up to me and asked me if i found everything ok.

v: yep.

m: you probably have shopped here before. i just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. would you like some coffee?

v: would i like a coffee? um, would i like a million bucks? YES!! yea, that would be great.

m: follow me. here, help yourself to whatever you want. this coffee is from me to you.

v: wow, that's really nice. that's excellent customer service, thank you!

the manager told the cashier to comp the coffee. excellent customer service doesn't happen often. as a manager working in retail, i have discovered just how rare it is and just what a difference it makes on customer loyalty. . now, i will probably continue to buy my seafood, meat, and produce from agata & valentina but i will definately continue to buy my staples there and i will definately share this experience with others.

No comments: