Friday, August 24, 2007

pure incompetence

got to the parking garage at 7:20 AM to pick up my car. . .as usual, it was not ready for me. i sighed and rang the bell for the attendant. 10 mintues pass by.

the garage door opens and two men are standing there, one man i recognize as another customer who drives out in his SUV.

hmm. . that's strange. i don't recognize the other guy though he's dressed in uniform.

the service at the parking garage has gone downhill in the past month. the management/ownership changed with a brand new staff. the cars were never read when you requested it. the attendees took their time and had a bad attitude.

the man in uniform explains that there is no attendant. he disappeared who knows how long ago. i ask him to help me find my car but he says that's not his job. i have no idea what level my car is parked on.

it's 7:35. i normally leave at 7:30 to get to work on time. shit. i call my boss and leave a VM on her cell explaining i may be late. i decide to wait another 10 minutes. then another ten.

finally, another attendee (who i think is the supervisor) rolls up in his car. i have no idea if he's the missing attendee or not. the other man in uniform explains that the attendee has been missing. finally, i get my car and am on my way to work. by some miracle, traffic is light and i manage to make it to work in an hour.

i am infuriated. terrible service. the guy didn't even apologize. i don't understand how someone can just walk out on the job that way. . .

No comments: