Tuesday, August 28, 2007

lonely alina

my friend alina was a sad little girl growing up. her greatest desire was to belong, to have her own family to love and to be loved by. alina grew up to be a beautiful young woman and unfortunately completely naive and completely romantic. she met a dashing, charismatic man from a good household. soon after the two were married and started their own family.

alas, alina soon discovered her prince was nothing of the sort. the love, happiness, and fulfillment she hoped to find in marriage would remain a fantasy. it would be her children, not a career, not hobbies, not friendships, that would sustain her.

her loneliness haunts me. saddens me. so i do what i do best. i make myself busy. i rush around from the gym, to work, to hang out with friends. i do everything but stop and think. i laugh with friends. i enjoy good food and wine. i listen to upbeat music. i do everything but stop and think. because if i stop all i will think about is alina. and her loneliness. and how much it saddens me. but tonight, i cannot help but stop. and think. of alina.

1 comment:

LANYTransplant said...

=*(. I'm gonna cry.