Thursday, August 02, 2007

no mean to disrespect

minding my own business. standing in front of washington diner in the west village waiting for mr.ct to pick me up. cleaning out my text message inbox, when. . .



random guy (rg): yo yo yo.



i look up.



rg: can you show me how to do that?



v: huh?



rg: can you show me how to put that stuff in my cell phone.



v: with no attempt to disquise the annoyance in my voice. i think you know how to use your cell phone. i can't help you.



rg: c'mon. i really don't know how to use this phone.



v: wtf. asiatic? i have a different phone. i don't know how to use your phone. i can't show you.



rg: now now, miss asiatic. you are disrespecting me. just because i'm a black man. you assume that i know more than i do. i just got this phone. i don't know how to use it. see. what do i do after i get to the menu. gestures to his phone.



v: ok, that's nonsense. how is that disrespectful to assume someone knows more than they actually do. i'm really sorry. i don't know how to use your phone. i have a different one.



rg: ok. . i'll leave you alone. i'm going now. but i really just wanted you to show me how to do that on my phone.



v: yea sure, whatever.



and saved by the text. mr. ct textes me, "i'm here". i spot his car and hop in.

No comments: