Wednesday, October 26, 2005

1st Birthday in New York

Today was a beautiful day. One of my dearest friends from LA came to visit me. She got to my place around 11 p.m. Monday night and is staying until Wednesday morning. It is nice to have some “girl time” and we did just that, staying up til the wee hours catching up on one another’s lives, clothing and earring shopping, etc.

Tuesday, we spent the majority of the afternoon at Century 21 and I scored on a piece for my “Madonna” Halloween costume and some cool jeans, cords, and turtleneck. The cashier double-charged me for an item which I didn’t discover until we had made it to the subway station. But in the end I was able to get my refund and conflict was avoided. Next we stopped at a cozy, cafĂ© with a fireplace to have coffee with my friend’s younger sister. After chatting for an hour or two, we made our way to West 4th street and did some earring shopping. Happened across a great boutique called Jungle Planet where they have some beautiful and unique jewelry. The owner who is from South Africa was fabulous and made the shopping experience quite enjoyable.

Around 7pm, we met up with the roomie at Momofuku for some ramen which was followed by dessert at a nearby Italian restaurant. . .during dinner, my friend asked me what was my favorite birthday. And I honestly answered tonight. I was surrounded by friends, my day was peppered with emails, texts, and phone calls, and I simply felt loved. Really, what more can a girl ask for?? So thanks everyone for remembering and making me feel blessed!

No comments: