Wednesday, October 19, 2005

runner's high

The weather has been beautiful this week. After two weeks of being unable to work out (the first week of moving was just too hectic and it was raining every day last week), I finally started running again yesterday. It’s also a good way for me to get to know the roads and neighborhood better. I start from my apartment and run northeast to McCarren Park where there is a track. I do a few laps depending on how my legs are feeling and then loop back around the town, weaving through different streets. It feels so good to be running again.

Once I’m feeling more settled, I may join a running club. There’s two that sound particularly interesting: the Resevoir Dogs and the NY Harriers. Both sound laid back and like a good group of people.

Spent the afternoon looking and applying for jobs online. Then met up with a high school friend for dinner in the West Village. We went to Bar Pitti where of course we ordered the Rigatoni Pitti which was a yummy combination of pasta, turkey sausage, peas, and cream. The dinner was simple but quite tasty. That was followed by tea and a crepe for dessert at CafĂ© le Henry. Nice to catch up and think we’ll be hanging out more often.

1 comment:

Pepper said...

If you ain't in the CPTC, you're not in a running club.

Just kidding, I could never qualify for the CPTC nuts.