Wednesday, October 26, 2005

more birthday celebrations

Last night I had a bigger birthday celebration. I met up with VK for drinks at Bua, a really chill bar, completely unpretentious and a great place to grab a drink or two. Then, we met up with the rest of the group at Hip Hop Chow for dinner. It’s a funky place that mixes Chinatown tackiness, a hip vibe, and good ol soul food.

http://www.hiphopchow.com/

Being unabashedly from the south, I was delighted to find a place in New York where I can get my fix of fried chicken, collard greens, mac n cheese, and cornbread. It was all quite delicious and I’m making plans to try some of the soul restaurants in Harlem too.

After dinner, four of us headed to bOb on Eldridge for a bit of dancing. . . it started off being pretty empty but after an hour or so the place livened up. The venue was pretty small and intimate and I had lots of fun dancing to decent hip hop music.

No comments: