Friday, October 21, 2005

Parents in town

The folks are descending on Brooklyn this late afternoon/evening. . . so my afternoon will consist of making my apartment look as presentable and clean as possible and figuring out where I will take them in the city.

Depending on what time they arrive and how tired they are, we’ll either go to a restaurant in Williamsburg or maybe Korean in mid-town. For lunch tomorrow I thought we’d try a Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown. I decided to give the Vietnamese restaurants here a second shot. I think since living in LA and having an overabundance of cheap and delicious Vietnamese restaurants, I have become a snob about Vietnamese food. (It probably doesn’t help that my mom is a very good cook) The problem is compounded by the fact that Thai and Vietnamese restaurants in New York are “hot” so there is much more emphasis on being trendy and cool rather than actually authenticity and taste of the food.

Most likely Sunday brunch will be dim sum. My birthday dinner I haven’t decided on a yet. All I know is that I will be dined out by the weekend. . .In the daytime we’ll probably walk around Chinatown and Soho and do some window shopping. Hopefully it’ll just be a low-key weekend with lots of quality time with my folks.

No comments: