Friday, October 21, 2005

Belated birthday dinner

Yesterday was Q2’s birthday so tonight I treated her to dinner. We went to Momofuku on the LES for some tasty fusion Japanese food.

There are two owners- a Korean guy and a man from Texas. You can see their influences on the menu. We split two entrees: cheesy grits, shrimp, and pork sausage dish and pork neck noodles. The grits were delicious, a refined Southern dish. The noodle soup hit the spot with bold flavors that remind me of my mothers cooking.

After dinner we walked a couple blocks to ChikaLicious Desserts, a great little after dinner spot. The desserty specialized in a prix-fixe, three-course dessert, wine pairings for an additional fee, with three times a week menu changing..Q2 and I decided to share the more seasonal apple bread pudding/cake with granny smith ice-cream as the main dessert. It was preceded by the tiniest scoop of panna cotta and followed by petit fors.

Everything was superbly made and well presented. I would recommend it highly, especially if you are like me and feel that a meal is not complete without eating something sweet.

No comments: