Saturday, October 01, 2005

waiting for "john"

i hate tardiness. i got up extra early this morning to finish my last errands, e.g. workout at the west LA YMCA for the last time (aww), go to the post office, pick up drycleaning, and clear out the remaining odds and ends in the apartment, before the car transport guys were scheduled to come at 11am.

at first i didn't mind, i ate breakfast, repacked my suitcase, and waited. and waited.

it's now 12:20 p.m. and there's no sign of john, the driver. no call no nothing. i called the office and got no answer. so here i am, still sitting around in my dried sweat, gross, i know, but with my luck they'd call as soon as i start soaping up my hair!

i still have to meet with my landlady this afternoon to give her the keys and so she can take a look at the apartment. i did a good job cleaning. vk would be proud. in any case, i promised a friend that i'd get him a UCLA shirt so i have to make my way over to campus too. . and then there will be a nice dinner with some friends and a farewell party and karaoke this evening. should be fun. chikster promised to sing a song for me:)

and tomorrow will be the start of a whole new chapter. . .

No comments: