Tuesday, November 01, 2005

happy halloween

I was able to drag my butt kinda late out of bed Saturday morning. I went into the city to get the remaining parts of my costume- black gloves and some black plastic bracelets. I found them at Claire’s near Union Square.

By the time I got back to my apartment, it was time to start getting ready. I turned on my i-tunes and started blasting the Immaculate Conception to get into character. Did the smoky eye, red lips, drew a mole above my lips. After pinning my hair up in braids, I put the rest of my costume in a bag and headed over to Q2’s. I finished getting dressed there and then it was time to meet up with the rest of the group for dinner at Havana.



It was a large group of people, around 20, turns out it was a half Halloween half birthday celebration for T’s cousin. A young group averaging in at 24, I had difficulty relating to most of them. . . but I threw back some mojitos and did my best to make small talk. Dinner was decent, certainly not the best or most authentic Cuban food I have had. . but it was in a convenient location. Perhaps because of the long wait for the food, the relaxing music, and too heavy food I was feeling more ready for a nap than to go party it up.

Nonetheless, after finishing up dinner, we braved the blistering cold and headed to Roseland. Once we were finally let inside, it was incredible, certainly the most Asian people I’ve ever seen dressed up in various costumes. . of course, most of the girls went as “sexy” versions of everything under the sun and guys had a pretty typical array of costumes. . perhaps the most memorable was the delivery guy with a package literally attached to the front of his pants. . got a good chuckle over that.

The music eventually got better and our group started dancing. But by 1 a.m., Q2 and I were ready to call it a night. All in all, a fun Halloween, but I must say the process of getting in costume and the anticipation of the party was better than the actual thing. Maybe I’m too old for this sorta thing afterall.
madonna

No comments: