Monday, November 28, 2005

Another Lazy Sunday

After the group dispersed, I cleaned up and started to watch “Saving Face”. A movie about an Asian American doctor who lives in New York and hides the fact that she is a lesbian from her mother. Her mother, played by a still beautiful Joan Chen, becomes pregnant out of wedlock and therefore a disgrace to her father. She moved in with her daughter who has recently become involved with a ballet/modern dancer. Despite being a very good movie, and probably aided by the mulled wine, I fell asleep midway through.

I woke up this morning around 10 and finished watching it. Then I picked up my laundry, moved the roomie’s car to the other side of the street, and spent some time putting clothes away and organizing. I went for a run at McCarren park and by the time I was done it was already close to 3 p.m. My plans to go to the NY Public Library out the window, I decided to call up a friend to catch a movie.

We met up around 5pm and walked around Times Square, Bryant Park, etc. Stopped and bought a sandwich for the friend at Kosher Delight where I got an unexpected phone call from a friend. Turns out JPan is engaged!!!! I have never heard her sound so happy and excited!! Which makes me happy and excited! Congratulations Xiao Pang and JPan!!!

No comments: